Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Numero Uno



In my attempt to stay current with technology I figured I should start a blog. Ideally, I would like to update somewhat frequently on things involving, but not limited to, my current musical tastes (which change often), my opinions on certain movies (with a certain preference to horror :P), and random things I encounter as a college student in Boston.

I guess I'll start with a short review of the movie Push. I saw it a few days ago so it's not as fresh in my mind as it should be for a review, but bear with me.

I'm not gonna do much of a synopsis.. Overall I thought the movie was decent. First off, it had psychics, which is pretty cool... and so the effects were pretty cool. Next, Dakota Fanning gets drunk... 'nuff said? lastly... well there's not so much more going for the movie, but if you're looking for something brainless this might be it... although I thought it dragged on a bit due to its poor choice in music (at least in my opinion), so the pacing of the movie could have been a tad bit better.

Now, onto better things. I'm really, really looking forward to the Last House on the Left. As with most horror movies I look forward to, it takes a lot to disappoint me, and I love the creative use of music in the trailer. One of my favorite movies, High Tension, made it to my top because of a single car chase scene with the Muse song "New Born"... so I really think that Music is an important aspect of horror films, and I might possibly write on that subject in a later blog.

-MATEO

No comments:

Post a Comment