Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Friday the 13th!




So it's February 11 and it's 54 degrees out... wtf...

Now, what I wanted to write about: Friday the 13th! Not only is it the most unlucky day of the year, but it's only a few days away. What makes it even more awesome?... The next movie in the Friday the 13th franchise comes out.

I'm pretty excited for a few reasons... The same director that directed the horrifically gore-filled Texas Chainsaw remake in 2003, Marcus Nispel, is directing it. Why is this good? I think the remake to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre went right in pacing, thrills, gore, and its feel. What am I hoping for? a similar feel for this movie will make me a happy camper.




I'm not a fan of old horror because they lack a certain realness in their pacing that drives me crazy... I've seen a few of the old Friday the 13ths and they were just horrible....

Some movies I'm looking forward to:
The Last House on the Left
The Poughkeepsie Tapes
The Descent 2--the Descent was awesome!!
Piranha 3-D

ADD moment: Apparently High Tension, one of my favorite movies of all time, has the Sonic Youth song Superstar on its soundtrack. This links two awesome movies, High Tension and Juno, one of the few comedies I actually enjoyed. Now I have to watch High Tension again, for the 20-something time to find it...

No comments:

Post a Comment