Sunday, March 15, 2009

I'M BACK

After a substantial hiatus I have returned, hopefully to continue to talk about the things that I hold dear to my heart (movies, obviously)...

Since my last post here's a non-comprehensive list of movies I've seen:
- Watchmen
- The International
- The Brave One
- The Ruins
- and an assortment of parts of movies, and movies not even deserving a mention

Watchmen was pretty good... I was tired, so it felt a little long, but the story was good, action was good, and the feel was spot on. It felt like a comic movie, and even though I've only read some of the source material, I don't find it hard to believe that the movie was a pretty literal translation of the novel (don't fix what ain't broke).

The international... felt long and drawn out, but the end was worth it. Decent action movie.

The Brave One... Way too predictable. Although, when Jodie Foster's character gets the shit kicked out of her it was some serious stuff... but other than that it was just "eh"

The Ruins... Me likey... It was slightly predictable.. I mean you know some bad shit is going to happen in ruins when you're watching a horror movie called "the ruins"... it was a bit farfetched, but the movie had a decent pace, and had some seriously tense moments.. It was just a little gruesome... okay, it was a lot gruesome.. I haven't seen a movie that gruesome in a long, long, long time, but I say it's well worth it. Not a top movie, but if you have the time just check it out.

Now I'm just looking forward to seeing "The Last House on the Left," although I've heard it's not great, I have to see it for myself.

Movies on the horizon:
X-men origins: Wolverine
Transformers 2
Terminator
The Haunting in Connecticut
The Road (Read the book!! SOOO good... and I don't actually enjoy all that many books... although this book is post-apocalyptic, so it definitely fits into my preference, but it's good nevertheless (at least oprah agrees with me.. apparently))

No comments:

Post a Comment